Momly Eggless Cheese Sticks Recipe – Easy Snacks Recipe2017-09-26
- Yield : 15 nos
- Servings : 4 person
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Momly Eggless Cheese Sticks Recipe – Easy Snacks Recipe
Momly Eggless Cheese Sticks, one of the simplest and easy recipes I have come accross is this. Kids will love this, elders cheese lovers will fall in love with this recipe.
Its better to use cheddar cheese for this recipe. May be, other cheese sticks also tastes good.
Have you ever thought what is cheese?
Cheese is a food product made from milk which comes in a wide range of flavors, textures, and forms. It is made by coagulation of the milk protein casein, usually from the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep.
In simple terms, Cheddar cheese is made by treating the milk so that it coagulates into curd (a thick, custard-like solid) and releases a thin, watery liquid called “whey.” The curd is then pressed and aged to create rich, smooth, full-flavored Cheddar cheese.
Cheese contains a host of nutrients like calcium, protein, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin B12. However, it is high-calorie product loaded with fat, sodium, and cholesterol. Typical cheeses are 70 percent fat. And the type of fat they contain is mainly saturated (“bad”) fat.”
So don’t over-stuff yourself with this and blame me! T_T Everything in a moderate way is okay and bearable 😉
Tips to make tasty cheese sticks:
1. The oil should be moderate heat while frying.
2. Do Not overcrowd cheese sticks in oil because as the cheese sticks are cold adding this to oil will drastically drop the temperature of oil. If many sticks are added in one go, the oil temperature will drop suddenly and there is a chance of breadcrumbs detaching from the sticks and the cheese oozes out spoiling the cheese sticks.
3. Be very cautious while adding extra salt in cornflour mixture as most of the cheese cubes are salted.
4. The cheese sticks should be freeze for 15 minutes. This will help the flour coating to tightly hold onto cheese sticks and breadcrumbs.
If you would like to know about any recipes of your choice please write to me on RyhanaAtCookeryShow@gmail.com
Please do subscribe to our YouTube channel to view easy cooking videos – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS6EzVCABSuqwxwuHwmEvWw
- Cheddar cheese - 250 gms (I have used Kraft Cheddar cheese)
- Corn flour - 7 tbsp (To coat cheese sticks)
- Dry oregano - 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Bread crumbs - 12 tbsp (take more if you want to coat more)
- Corn flour - 4 tbsp (Use this instead of egg for coating the cheese)
- Water - 10 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 200 ml
- Salt to taste
Cut cheddar cheese into size of your fingers.
Put 7 tablespoon of cornflour into shallow dish. Dredge the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
In another bowl mix 4 tablespoon corn flour with 10 tablespoon of water. Adjust salt. This should be a thick batter which is of the consistency of a beaten egg. This is a replacement for beaten egg.
Add garlic powder & oregano to above batter and mix well.
One by one, dip the cheese sticks in the corn flour & water mixture. Then roll in breadcrumbs to coat completely.
Put the sticks on a plate and freeze for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes heat oil in a wok and deep fry the cheese sticks until all side turns golden brown.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe