Modular Kitchen – Latest Trends in Kitchen
Kitchen is an intrinsic part of every house and a place where a lot of time is spent. As such, it should be designed for convenience and functionality. Apart from this, more and more people are spending money to ensure that it’s classy, stylish and contemporary. A modular kitchen combines all these aspects. In a well-planned modular kitchen, a large amount of storage can be created even in a small space. Though a little on the expensive side, a modular kitchen is easy to install and maintain.
Remodeling or designing your kitchen for the first time can be an overwhelming task especially when you have no idea of how to achieve that perfect finish in your mind. However, you should not worry at all since you can use the following trends to pick one that will give you the kind of look you need or dream for your kitchen. It is important that you go for trends that add value to your home not just blindly following a trend that goes out of fashion after a few years
- You can never go wrong with white color. White cabinets are increasing in popularity since it is a style that will always be fashionable and it depicts the place as clean, just like a kitchen should be. You can choose to go for white counter tops, back splashes, appliances and the walls as well. It is much easier to clean white surfaces too.
- For those who might want a little bit of color, neutral grey is the way to go. The color looks sleek, stylish and elegant. However, in cold and cloudy climates, the color can make a room appear cold and unattractive. Therefore, you should mix it with hot color or use it just minimally. This would be a perfect shade in hot climates as it makes a room appear cool and attractive.
- Smaller appliances would be perfect in your kitchen. It gives you enough working space in kitchen.
- Quartz counters are better than those made of granite. Quartz is durable, does not easily scratch or break, easy to maintain and there are different designs to choose from.
- LEDs are a great investment in the kitchen too. You can install LED lights along toe kicks as night lights, inside cabinets and on the ceiling. It comes in different colors and you can creatively install them in a decorative manner. It does not emit heat, saves lot of energy and also affordable.
- The fridge is also another item to get creative with. Homeowners are slowly moving from the traditional fridge designs and going for customized fridges. You can install one under a cabinet in the location of your choice. This means that the counter accommodating the fridge will be higher hence the top could be used as a surface to place other kitchen stuff. This requires you to get an expert to design and make it for you.
How to plan a Modular Kitchen
Do not blindly ape the kitchen you see in a showroom. Instead, understand your needs and design your kitchen accordingly. Depending on the space available, you could go for a U-, C- or an L-shaped kitchen.
Once you have a basic layout in place, figure out the electrical points for your chimney, oven, microwave and other electrical appliances. You will also have to identify the spot for your sink because the plumbing will have to be worked accordingly. Once this is done, you can proceed to design the cabinets.
Use the kitchen area intelligently to create maximum storage space. To exploit the depth of the kitchen corner, you can have pull-out cabinets installed from floor to ceiling. Overhead storage cabinets are also a good way to create extra space. Remember not to clutter the kitchen, instead, classify your storage areas as per your needs. For instance, have a handy pantry in place for everyday ingredients, while things used occasionally can be stored at less accessible locations.
Accessories & Appliances:
The most common appliances in modular kitchens are ovens with microwave and heat features. You can also install grills that combine a stove top and grill oven. While choosing appliances, always install ones that suit your needs instead of picking the ones you see in the showroom. For instance, the cost of an electric chimney can range from Rs. 8,000 to a little over Rs. 1 lakh. It does not make sense for you to opt for the high-end one if your kitchen does not have the required built-in technology to use the chimney optimally.
The kind of material you opt for affects the cost of building the kitchen. Choosing an average quality plywood will significantly lower the cost compared with marble or granite. However, do not choose a material based solely on price. Consider the effect of humidity, water, heat, friction and load on the material. For instance, MDF cannot bear much weight, while white marble can turn yellow over a period of time. Consult your interior designer before finalising the materials.
Advantages of Modular Kitchen
- The main advantage of modular kitchen is that you can easily carry your cabinets and modules in a box and fit in your new kitchen.
- It is easy to clean and even you can repair any part of modular kitchen.
- The kitchen provides clutter-free space to easily work in the area.
- Modular kitchen comes in such a variety of colors and designs that you will surely get one according to your taste. It gives you the liberty to set your kitchen as per your wish.
- It comes in a ready-to-install pre-fabricated form, which makes its installing extremely convenient.
- Modular kitchen has a fashionable look which lends a great appeal to your interior decor.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.