Crispy Fried Chicken2012-05-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 1m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 1m
- 250 gm Chicken
- 2 tea spoon buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour for coating
- Corn Flakes
- Egg White
- 1/2 tea spoon Paprika
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Take your cut up Chicken pieces and skin them if you prefer. Put the Flour in a large plastic bag (let the amount of chicken you are cooking dictate the amount of flour you use). Season the flour with paprika, salt and pepper to taste (Paprika helps to brown the Chicken).
2. Dip Chicken pieces in Buttermilk then, a few at a time, put them in the bag with the flour, seal the bag and shake to coat well. Place the coated Chicken on a tray, and cover with a clean dish towel. Let it sit until the Flour is of a PASTE-LIKE CONSISTENCY.
3. Fill a large skillet (cast iron is best) about 1/2 full with Vegetable oil. Heat until VERY hot. Put in as many chicken pieces as the skillet can hold. Brown the Chicken in Hot oil on both sides. When browned, reduce heat and cover Skillet; let cook for 30 minutes (the Chicken will be cooked through but not crispy). Remove cover, raise heat again and continue to fry until crispy.
4. Drain the fried chicken on paper towels. Depending on how much chicken you have, you may have to fry in a few shifts. Keep the finished chicken in a slightly warm oven while preparing the rest.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
Strawberry Mojito Recipe – Easy...
Irani Pola Recipe – Ifthar...
Mango Mojito Recipe – Refreshing...
Maggi Noodles Cake Recipe –...
Aatha Chakka Milk Shake Recipe...
Beetroot Achaar Recipe – Easy...
Chemmeen Thenga Kothu Masala Recipe...
Vermicelli Upma Recipe – Tasty Semiya...
Mussels Pickle Recipe – Kerala...