Kozhikkal Kappa Porichathu Recipe – Vegetable Chicken Fry2013-12-22
- Cuisine: Indian, Kerala, കേരളം
- Course: Kerala Snacks, Snacks, Starter, നാലുമണി പലഹാരം
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Yield : 250gm
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Kozhikkal ( Kappa Porichathu ) is a typical Malabar – especially Thalassery – tea time snack. In Malayalam kozhikkal means chicken leg. But here the recipe is vegetarian delight using tapioca (kappa) to treat veggies.
Try this Kozhikkal (Kappa Porichathu) recipe as a starter for your upcoming party (Christmas, New Year, Birthday or Kitty Party)!
- Tapioca (Kappa) cut into thin long pieces - 250 grams
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder - ¼ tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tbsp
- Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli (1 no) – ¼ tbsp
- Rice Powder - 5 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs - 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves – ½ cup
- Oil for frying
- Water – 5 tbsp (Add more water if rice powder is not sticky on tapioca)
Mix all the ingredients with tapioca pieces and keep for marinating for 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the tapioca mixture.
Serve hot as snack or starter.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
Pineapple Salsa Recipe – Healthy...
Thaen Mittai Recipe – Sweet...
Eastern Palada Payasam Recipe –...
Broccoli Stew With Oregano Recipe...
Nellikka Pachadi Recipe – Gooseberry...
Unakkameen Chikkiyathu (No Oil Recipe)...
Beetroot Potato Mezhukkupuratti Recipe –...
Pineapple Cucumber Lime Salad Recipe...
Rice Chicken Soup with Tahini...
Beetroot Rava Kesari Recipe –...